Can't seem to change monitor profiles

I've been trying to get my monitor to more resemble my prints but no

luck. The video card, an NVIDIA geoforce fx 5200 has the capability

of assigning a profile. I tried a few different profiles, including

one I created with optical, from the list of available profiles, made

each one the default and then applied, but no change to the

appearance of a photoshop image on the display. I then looked up my

start programs and found Adobe Gamma Loader so I deleted that from

the startup list. Still no change to images when I change profiles.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Howard, Sometimes there's just not a huge difference before and after applying a profile. You can check to see if Windoze is using the right one though. Right-Click on your desktop, select Properties, Settings, Advanced, Color Management. You should see the profile you want highlighted, indicating it's being used. Good luck!

You are just correcting any (possible) problems with the monitor. It is most likely you still have to correct any issues in the rest of your digital system - the printer profile, inks and paper. You need to profile the printer, ink an paper too. Then remember that if anything changes in the equation (different type of paper, new ink cartridge from a different manufacturing lot, etc.), you probably will be out of calibration again.

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html">Dougs

MF Film Holder for batch scanning of 120/220 medium format film with flatbeds</a>

When chasing monitor profile problems it is a good idea to generate a profile with Adobe Gamma that has a huge colour cast of green, say. Call it adobegreen.icm and make it the default profile in the desktop properties. It will then be in no doubt when the profile is loaded. Adobe Gamma Loader can be invoked to load the default profile at startup if necessary.