width of the film strip. So that the sprocket holes are cutting thru

the image. Does this make sense at all? I'm just wondering if

anybody else has tried this and what they can share about the

experiment. I will need to unload the camera in my chaning bag, but

other than that I don't really think I will have a problem... yes I

taped up the frame counter window. Any adivce? Something that I

might be missing? Thanks

Johnny,

I've done just that. Here are some tips; tape the counter window pretty good (light seems to find its way in no matter what), either cut the 645 film mask or leave it out (if leaving out tape some round coffee stirs onto the edge for smoother transport) and practive with an exposed roll of film to estimate how much to turn for each exposure.

I would use chrome initially to get positive results (NPI) and you'll have some nice panos on the light table. I've found my Holga is pretty light tight around the edge of the back cover but YMMV.

Gary

Awsome! Thanks Gary... I did remove the film insert and I taped the edges so as to not scratch the film. I counted 45 turns approximetly to advance a full frame, of course that will change as I get more film on the spool therfore taking up more film with each turn. I wil figure that out later. Good idea on the coffe stirrers. I have TMax in there right now, as that is what I had in my backpack when I got the idea. Thanks again Gary

You definitely need to tape up the film counter window. In fact, I taped mine both inside and out. On the take up spool, you'll want to use some gaffers tape to build up both sides of where the 35mm film will sit. If you don't do this, your film will tend to slip and it won't be centered across the frame. Instead of trying to thread the film onto the take spool like you would with 120 film, I used gaffer tape to attach the film to the spool. As far as the number of clicks goes, I found that following works for me:

1 = 41

2 = 40

3 = 37

4 = 36

5 = 35

6 = 35

7 = 32

8 = 32

9 = 31

10 = 30

11 = 30

12 = 30

13 = 28

14 = 28

15 = 27

16 = 27

17 = 27

18 = 27

19 = 26

19 = 26

where the number on the left is the frame number I just shot and the number on the right is the number clicks to get me to the next frame.

I printed it out in a table format and taped it to the back of my camera. I then used a small piece of tape to indicate which frame I was on.

Rachel

Excellent answer from Rachel. I found that taping the leading edge of the 35mm roll to the take-up spool and holding the 35mm canister in place with bits of packing peanuts did the trick for me.

You need to be extra careful indeed about the window, and to tape it really tightly.

Also, be sure ot wind enough of the film before the first frame (about 70 clicks, if I remember correctly) or you'll most likely lose the first frame.

I've unloaded the camera in a dark bathroom, literally by opening the back and rolling the film in the canister by hand.