How much can I get for my 10D?

bellavance

I orignally wanted to buy a new 20D and listed mine on ebay for 1000 and I only had it for about 2 months at that point and no bids. I did end the auction a day early and there were 10 people watching it, but no bids. Not sure what the outcome would have been but it wasnt looking very hopeful. I'd suggest looking on ebay for 10d's that people are selling and make your price match theirs.

I tried to sell my 10D a few weeks before the 20D was released but there was

already a steady stream of 10Ds in the classified section of PN and FM ... so

I've had to drop my price from $950 to $900 to $850 ... and finally sold it to

someone in Indonesia! Right now, supply of 10D is greater than demand, so I

doubt if you can get $900 for it, unless you package it with some other stuff ...

a lens, CF card, battery grip, extra batteries, and whatever.

If you can afford it, keep it as a 2nd body, or sell it for $800 (or less) to a friend

or family member.

Pierre, impossible to say since it depends on where you live/try to sell it, and a great deal of luck and timing. I'd try photogon.com first and here on PN at the same time, then eBay and perhaps the local paper as well.

Unfortunately you're timing is not very good, you held on to it and now want to sell it right when hundreds, if not thousands, of Canon users are trying to upgrade.

I say sell it for what you can get, perhaps $900, cut your losses now, and just view the monetary difference as digtial equipment rent. I sold my 10D for $1,200 a while back so that body cost me less than $1/day, so to say.