There is a small "spike" of exposed image pointing toward the film

edge at each corner of the frames on 120 film shot with my Bronica

ETRS. The inner guide rails of my 120 back are not quite long enough

to completely close the image rectangle, thus allowing extra slivers

of the light cone to reach the film. I'm wondering if these little

corner blips on the negatives are typical for Bronica backs, or did I

get an odd one?

Thanks much...

Lee,<br><br>They are "typical" for all rollfilm backs that have the film ride over rollers. And that probably means all rollfilm backs.<br><br>So no, you didn't get an odd one. The small gap is there to allow the roller to roll freely. The roller can not sit abutting the frame's edge, so you get a small spike in between where the roller ends and the the edge of the frame.

Thank you, Q.G. and Frank, for your helpful answers. The only minor issue I see is if you wanted to print full frame with a natural edge, as we sometimes do with 35mm. Is this situation true of other MF cameras? (My only previous experience with MF is an old 2-1/4x3-1/4 sheet film camera and a Super Ikonta A.)

Thanks again...

Jeff,<br><br>All my Hasselblad backs have the "horns".<br><br>The V-shaped notches are put there on purpose. To identify images as having been made using Hasselblad camera. "V" stands for Victor, as in Victor Hasselblad. One could also believe they stand for Vanity. ;-)<br><br>These identifiers are great: in Bronica ads expressing how much better their equipment is than Hasselblad's, they show images, including rebate edge, showing... (yes! ;-)) .. the tell-tale Hasselblad V-notches!<br>Bronicas apparently weren't good enough to shoot images to be used in Bronica ads ;-);-)<br><br>A story too good to be true, but true nevertheless!<br>What happened must be that they used stock photos (not unusual in ads), and the art director forgot (or didn't know) about, or didn't understand the significance of the V-notches. Would have been very easy to make them disappear.