New Voigtlander Bessa Wide Angle

"I hope it [50mm frame lines] doesn't look like a 135mm on these new babies."

You can bet on it!

This is something Leica is not doing, so it is somewhat unique. But IMHO the VC Bessa platform is still a second rate. As with Craig, external finders for wide-angle lenses have always been a good option for me. Frankly, I'm not sure what there is about this to get jacked up about.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

If you are going to post something here like it is breaking news, then you ought to do a little homework first. There have already been posts here and at the rangefinderforum about this camera for a couple weeks.

On the camera, it should have 40mm framelines. It seems abolutely stupid not to include them when there is space for them and it is one of the best VC lenses.

I agree with Frederick. It is exciting that somebody is thinking up new features. I probably won't buy one but it's neat that the option is out there.

It's true Bessas are not Leicas but IMHO they represent good value and there is a market for them. I say good for them.

I wish that contributors were a little more civil to each other. This is after all supposed to be fun.