Kodak Jr 616 camera

scott_walton2

A friend of mine has a Kodak Jr. 616 camera in great condition. Has anyone

out there done any modifications on this camera to have it accept 120 film?

What I'm looking for is some advice on a DIY kind of mod as we have a

machine shop that can fashion anything at our disposal... just looking for

ideas.

Thanks

Please email me at: walton@ll.mit.edu

120 film and 620 film are the same, only the spool is different. You may be able to trim a 120 spool to fit in the camera. If not, you can buy 620 spools at camera swap meets, auction sites, etc. and then re-spool 120 film onto the 620 spool. There are several websites that deal with this. You could even buy some 620 film at B&H in NYC and then you would have some spools. Machining the camera seems like a last resort to me, but it is your camera.

• 1 year later...

Here is a simple way to use 120 film in a 616 camera.I fabricate aluminum adapters to properly fit the 120 spool and the same fitment on ends as the 616 spool. The film is properly centered in the window

and you have your 2 1/4" width.You can get 6 negatives out of a roll of 120 film.Also you can use a modified system to keep track of your frames.Pictures are in the enclosed link.For the film advancement here is the way it works.Load film in normal fashion,close cover and advance film until you see a 2 in the window,continue advanceing until a k just becomes visible in the left side of the window,Frame 1,Frame two,advance to the 5,frame 3,advanve past 7 till the k just becomes visible.frame4 advance to 10,then 12>k,15.Your done shooting.Any questions on the adapters or more info contact

badcoilz99@aol.com

http://www.photo.net/photos/badcoilz99