Anyone tried the Amvona Dynaphos lighting systems?

f_k2

Here's a more specific answer: Amvona is the only eBay seller that I would have given negative feedback to. However, by the time my problems all were resolved, we were *way* past the 30-day feedback limit. I noticed that Amvona would retaliate even to neutral feedback with negative feedback and the comment 'Bad experience.'

Of the five products I bought from Amvona, all were returned or have broken. Maybe you'll do better.

As the old saying goes : "You get what you pay for....inferior workmanship and materials from China." They do look good on their website (and even when you get them the first time) but after a few uses, you'll come to realize it would always be best to invest in a solid brand like Photoflex. And with inferior workmanship, chances of burning down your home or studio with those hot lights will always prevail if you're not careful.

By the way, their customer service sucks so forget about warranties.

You're right about I get what I paid for, but sometimes I think the manufacturers make a big profit. I still haven't gotten a reply from Amvona regarding my ballhead; it's been 2 months. I guess I won't get one...

Fievel Kan , oct 15, 2006; 10:19 p.m.

"You're right about I get what I paid for, but sometimes I think the manufacturers make a big profit. I still haven't gotten a reply from Amvona regarding my ballhead; it's been 2 months. I guess I won't get one.."

Keep after these deadbeats! It took me 3 months but I finally got a refund on a misdelivered shipment by fedex. DON'T but from them!