Leica Mini

luisarguelles

"I prefer to locate it in Germany in order to avoid customs to Spain"

Luis, I've ordered around a dozen things from the US and Canada and never had to pay anything for customs here in Barcelona. For purchases below $100 and being a person to person deal and on used equipment, I wouldn't worry too much. Alas, don't know if the opposite has happened to you though.

Best,

Oscar, I have a lot of experience buying in E-ay from the States to Spain, but since spring, and probably due to the relationship Euro/Dollar, the government probably thought we were buying too much equipment, so they decided to make a tighter control on imported things. In fact, they charge about a 20% over the price on the final bid. Germany has also good prices, no customs by law and my German is not bad at all :)

Max, the camera was manufactured in Japan, The lens has four elements in three groups. At least, it has the same grouping than the classic Elmar. Anyway, for a price between 40-60 Euros/Dollars, who cares?. I'm going to try the thing. First night I shall put the Mini close to my M2 in order to let her learn the tricks :)

buy a leica mini 3. its improved to mini. if yashica, and weight and size isnt too important, buy the t3. in germany about 25 euros, f is 2.8 (really faster) and it has the georgios viewfinder, which has possibility to look in from above . (like a hasselblad lol) this is a great gimmick, easy to take pics from frog perspektive, taking pics with the cam far over the head....

kai

I had both the Mini one and two and it neither ever gave as high quality results as any of the good interchangable lens cameras. I then tried the Yashich T5 and never looked back. The T4/5's will give you much better results the the Mini one and twos. I bought new and wasted my money on the Leicas, at least you have the option to buy cheap secondhand so you wont loose out.

I have a Mini II which is a few years old, carry it in my bag all the time for quick print shots.

I used a Mini III for a project at work where it was carried around slung from a backpack frame thru the woods off and on for 2 years. it got knocked around and dropped a time or two. I don't know how long they're supposed to last, but I've been impressed, great with Kodachrome 200.

Aren't they made in co-op with Matsushista? [i know it's not spelled right, but Photo.net didn't like it's correct spelling]

Mini 3 is a great camera with a cracker lens, and I don't doubt the Mini 2 is good too. Very

simple to use with absolutely no superfluous functions. An object lesson in minimalist

design. Just a shame these film P/Ss will probably be phased out in favour of digital. Mini

3 works well with slides too.<div>009NsU-19489384.jpg.6e00611b829b08d635bc07ef911144b2.jpg</div>