Trouble with Contax G2

I have recently purchased a second hand G2 with the 45mm f/2 lens, and all seemed

well when checked at camera shop. Today was the day I was going to put first film

through, however after loading film I discovered that the lens was not focusing or

making the usual auto focus sounds and will not release shutter. The camera will

fire when the lens is off. I have cleaned gold contacts on lens and checked for any

only bent pins, everything looks fine. Anyone got any suggestions before I return it

on Monday to camera shop.

Thanks Swelter

That sounds like you are having problem with the lens body mating. The G system use kind of reverse breech lock Bayonet. You have to be very careful and align the lens properly ( the black part which house the contacts and Focus drive must mate properly, make sure the lens are flat against the body then should you twist and lock the bayonet.

Try to take th elens off and put it on again slowly and with caution and make sure that the procedure done right, if you still having the same problem, then its time to have it check with some other G lens/body to see if its the body or the lens or if its specific to this particuler lens/body combo.