WA nature and photo ops

pete_biro

Hi all,

Any advice on where to go and see wildlife, flowers, scenery etc that

is good at this time of year (early - mid May)? I'll be in and around

Wenatchee, WA for about 10 days. General question, i know, but we

love to see and photograph all three! Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Pete, Univ Calgary

Pete, I live in the area. It depends on what you want to photograph. The area has a lot of opportunity from Elk, Deer, birds, landscapes, and people. Icicle Creek will have a bunch of Tribal fisherman catching large salmon. Lots of river rafters on the main stem Wenatchee River, lots and lots of awesome wild flowers north up the Columbia River. One great place to head is south out of Wenatchee along the south side of the Columbia River into the colockum wildlife area. Great floweres and shrub stepp veg. Check the Wash. Department of Fish and Wildlife web site and click on the regional reports and look up the central washington report. They usually have lots of good information on wildlife and outdoor activites. Levenworth is great too. There are some nice high mountains just west of there, it's about 20 miles west of Wenatchee. Also head north from Wenatchee towards Ellensburg over Swak pass and you'll see elk, deer and lots of flowers. If you describe what you want to see I can tell you where to go.