Referrla Fee's ?

aron

Wouldn't it be nice if they were all vying for the priviledge of being able to claim that they were the ony planner in town authorized to sell your services? In exchange for paying you a $1,000 a month retainer of course! For another $500 they could use your name in their advertising.

One hand washes the other. Doesn't anybody ever ask you to suggest a planner?

I guess, I am talking more specifically about large event planning companies that in addition to planning very high profile, high dollar events act as a kind of booking agent for vendors. We have some of those here and they will even handle the contracting etc. Any idea what kind of fees they may be used to?

Our event planners just pad the invoice from us..10-15%. It has been that way for 25+ years. We contract either through the hotels, or through the event planner. As wedding planner goes > see one about once every 10 years ..never even meet with them. The only referral fees we pay are to other photographers, quite steep, I might add. But then again we are making a great profit and have another wedding,from their sources.