1GB or 2 x 512MB - Which Would You Buy?

phil_v.

UK memory stick pro duo prices for anyone interested. I have researched and personaly found these the best price including postage,

1GB :- http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5065.htm

?94.95 inc vat (UK pounds)

512mb :- http://www.digimem.biz/Details.cfm?ProdID=176&category=0

?46.95 inc vat (UK pounds)

I bet you guys in the US laugh at the rip off prices we pay over here, I must say that the price gap between Sony/Sandisk memory sticks and the others like CF and SD seem to be closing.

I have ordered one of each to spread my eggs :-)

Thanks for good information: "When I checked 2 months ago Roadstor was able to span a memory card into more than one disk."

I would be more comfortable if you stated that you had RoadStor at hand that works with larger memory for you.

Like you, I usually believe what I read, but this was not the case with the RoadStor.

I purchased mine about half a year ago, based on vendor information (that I checked 1/2 year ago) that it was able to use larger memory, but reality is different.

My unit just simply says something like: "memory is too big" and ejects the disk - that is all what it does to 1GB and 2GB Compact Flash cards.

When I complained to the vendor, they told me to wait for availability of a firmware upgrade. I guess I need to see if they have the firmware upgrade available.

Confirmed.

RoadStore manufactured before September 2004 did not have capability to split large memory chip into many CR-Roms. Newly manufactured units are capable of splitting large memory into many CD-ROMs.

Firmware upgrade is available for download, to make older models compatible with 1GB, 2GB, 4GB memory sizes. I will certainly upgrade my unit. Thanks for making me aware of it.