Lucky, or "Lekai" seems to be the only Chinese film manufacturer that stayed alive, but as far as I know, they do not make colour slides, but only negatives, colour and B&W, but their colour film is of mediocre quality I think. The overly saturated reds annoyed me a lot, so I quit using it. There are also other makers like Era (Gongyuan), Shanghai and so on, but according to my knowledge, they only make black and white films. Many Kodak and Fuji films are actually made in China, which are of good quality.

Randall,

I was a longtime user of the B&W film lucky (Lekai), my favorite is their best selling ASA400.

The reason I was using it was because it was such a P-I-T-A to look for a continuous supply of leading brand b&w film/processing, it was either overly priced, or simply not available.

To my experience, when properly processed/treated lucky may please you as much as your pocket, the film + chemicals etc was estimated around RMB10/roll, I still have a 5+yr old negative archives/print which is still in a good condition. The only bottomline was that you need to find your own solution to process/mix the chemicals to suits your needs, as the reference manual doesn't help much. Good luck.