Just a heads up on a new(old?) type of bot

rod_melotte

I got the friendly bot last night! 7/7 and it wasn't even a nude. Of course it was gone in the morning, and a few of these indifferent bots got me with 3s and 4s today. The nasty bots with 1s and 2s seem to have taken a break, at least for now.

It's such a shame when the indifferent bots outnumber the kindhearted bots by such a ratio. I look forward to a time when the world is full of happy friendly bots, when the cruel and uninspired bots have come around to our bright outlook on photographic critique. That will be a grand day indeed...

Mac

My recent experience would lead me to believe that the "BOT" passed at least the introductory statistics couse in college. Hence, the ability to project himself without an easily detected numerical spread.

As to an automated program, I more likely suspect some misguided social isolate who may or may not keep more than one internet session open under different names.

From my own ratings, if I rate blind, probably 90 percent of the time I fall within +/- 1 point of the photo's average. So if I see a pattern of 1's or 2's showing up in clusters of 5 to 6, something smells funny.

Ah... okay. I've got hit by those same four on both of my requests. I understand that some may not like my work, but a low rating without a comment doesn't help me much. I've just joined up, so wasn't sure what was going on. It was a little funny to me how brand new members could have so given so many ratings in such a short time, but now it makes sense. Seems to me that a would take a pretty pathetic person to create bots to mess with people's ratings for kicks. Thanks for posting this Heads up!