Where to get unusual format color film (its 127!) processed?

I'm in Phoenix (moved here 2 months ago), but I do get to l.a. once a

month or so, so having it processed in L.A. might be an option...

I just dont know of a lab in either city that processes odd/old

formats.... if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them. Also,

if you do happen to know of someplace I'd really appreciate a URL or

phone # if you know it.

Thanks all.

Any commercial minilab can process 127 film if they also process 120 film: They simply wind it in the same cartridge as 120 film and develop. That is why someone above mentioned Wal-Mart... And since they use Fuji Frontier processors that are serviced weekly by Fuji, and since they have a high chemistry turnover because of their volume, their work is limited only by the skill of the operator.

On a side note, you'll want to carefully consider shooting color film in 127 anyway: Most likely you have an "oldie but goodie" camera with a lens not designed for color, i.e you'll get a lot of chromatic aberrations, especially when you blow up the prints over about 10-12 inches... Your Mileage May Vary

Cheers!

Getting 127 film <I>processed</I> is easy; any good pro lab will be using a dip and dunk processor, which doesn't care if your film is 35mm or 127 or 120 or whatever.<P>

The slighly thornier issue is printing. I am not at all sure that your average computerized minilab printer will happily handle the 127 roll. But ask!<P>

In any event, if you have a lab that can do color enlargements by hand, then surely it can print the 127. The proper negative carriers are out there, but you can always just use a glass negative carrier for a larger film size and it should work without a problem.<P>

I have never shot color film in my 127 camera. With B&W, it's really easy. I just adjust my Paterson Super System 4 reels to the middle setting, process it like 35mm or 120, and then print it on my Beseler enlarger, for which I fortunately found the proper 4x4 negative carrier on eBay.