What charger does the quantum battery pack 1 use?

steve_allans

Incidentally, the term inherited makes me suspect that the pack's been sitting around without recieving charges and discharges. If this is the case, and it won't hold a charge when you're ready to use it, the ni-cads inside are available through electronics retailers by special order. (I ordered the exact replacement for the batteries- same numbers on the outside and all; and they ran me over $15 dollars more than five years ago.) I recall that I had to do a little soldering, but not right to the batteries, perhaps to tabs on them. In other words, if yours won't hold a charge but seems to operate well other than this, you can save yourself about half or more of the price of sending it to Quantum for battery cell replacement... if you're handy and can solder.

Mine has some other component loose, and I still haven't tracked down which one.

I also built a discharger, which was a number of 6v miniature light bulbs, to "discharge" the cells, but it took forever to do so: like 20 hours until they were getting dim.

I just replaced (with in the last 4 months) the batteries in two QB1's. I got (after some searching) each cell for between $2 & $4 ea. I know I did all of them with the "older" cyclon batteries. Now there is a Panasonic battery pack instead of the 3 Cyclons. (Ask me how I found this out????) But they can be fixed pretty easily, and MUCH cheaper then returning the to Quantum for replacement... and a solder gun. And yes, the use the QB-26 AC adapter.