<p>It seems that there are members of the site who email address isn't

never mailed upon requested. I have requested the email address of few

people but i haven't received anyone. I then tried to request my own

and I received it immediately. Why? Is there any problem? Or is there

a way to do that? I mean, is this a feature available to every member

of the site (if so how can I block the mailing of my email address) or

something else is happening... ?</p>

<p>Does anyone experienced the same problem?</p>

First I can tell you that there are no privileged email addresses which aren't mailed out. You aren't guaranteed that it will be a valid address, but it should be mailed to you. As for why you would have a problem with some and not others, that is hard to say. Can you look up my address? If so, send me a mail with the address that you are looking up and I will try to figure out what the problem is.

Please don't add me to the problem; a member was trying to get my e-mail address and correctly learned it then didn't connect to my e-mail account through my @Photo.net address, but you, Brian, sent me an e-mail to tell me it is now a problem corrected. Thank you for doing so. I felt during the recent 'hack' attack, that I should protect my e-mail identity and use a PN surrogate, and it now appears to be working, (I think).

Thanks again.

John Crosley

John, the incident where the "Avenger" deleted a portfolio was almost certainly due to someone getting access to a photo.net member's PC at his workplace that was logged-in to photo.net. If your login email address on photo.net is a bogus email address on a domain such as hotmail where people can create accounts at will, there is the possibility that someone could use it to get your password to photo.net. But if you have a real address of which you have control, then that isn't an issue. Spam could be a problem, but we send out addresses in such low volumes, spammers aren't going to go to the trouble to get a few addresses.