Another reason to shoot non digital

artofseeing

Yes, you are right Madhan!

Seeing your images that size is magnificent indeed! The only thing that beats it is seeing 6x7 slides projected :-)

No, I don't own any 6x7... but maybe I will get a 6x6 TLR and a projector someday...

And then there is the light table with its colour corrected light; also magnificent in it's own right. The halogen bulb in the slide projector produces yellowish light of course but the benefit of size...

And then there is my digicam which very conveniently produces great images (yes! my judgement!) on my 17" flatscreen. It is easier for me to have good A4 size (20x30 cm, 8x12 inch) prints from 4MP digital files than from slides.

(No, the TV is a joke...)

And then there is my scanner... now scanning is quite a bit of PITA. But to get prints it is sometimes worth it. And to share stuff, I just scan on full auto at half the resolution, that works nice too!

Just have fun! Decide what is important to YOU and stick to that!

For me it is part conveniance: carrying a light Rebel Ti or a Powershot A80, and part quality but not to the extreme: seeing (in my opinion) good results on a screen (slide or computer) without lots of fiddling like endless image manipulations or even using a darkroom. Also, I have an A4 matte screen that fits on my slide projector with a mirror in front of the lens and this is good for daylight viewing at a reasonable size. Having prints made is either unpredictable or very expensive, therefore I usually stick to slides and bits.

• 5 months later...

I don't know where Maynard gets his numbers, but considering he's a big LUGger part

of it may be wishful thinking. editorialphoto.com's forums are replete with digital

discussions, tips and questions, and while many ads are still shot on film, its use is

indeed decreasing, and dwindling.