I'm still trying to find a back for the above I have looked and

looked but can not find one i have seen similar ones that are for the

b&j and so on but i also seen a another one similar to it like the

Tachihara 8x10 to 4x5 back will any of these work or am i just going

to loose my mind trying to find one....please help i am getting an

extra one so i can shoot 4x5 with my 8x10 and i am purchasing a

tahcihara later on....before my trip....which has been delayed a few

weeks.....thanks ts

If this is for function rathar than collecting, you might consider making your own. I had a 4x5 back for a 5x7 camera that I had no use for. I simply screwed it down to a board sized to fit the 8x10 camera. (The board needs to be mitered so that it is light tight on the camera.) I used brass screws for the pins and cut the heads off and rounded them over.

You can usually find like new condition Grafloc backs from scope cameras which work well too.

The only problem this gives you is if you want the focus to be the same between the 4x5 and 8x10 backs, but even with a brand new camera and both backs factory, I wouldn't trust it anyway.

P.S. I have a 2D with the factory 8x10 to 4x5 reduction back. They are spring backs and won't take modern accessories such as a Polaroid holder of roll film back, so that is another advantage of building your own with a salvaged Graflok back. (The back I made was for a Dorf)

Recently I purchase a complete rear of a Graflex press camera for about $50. I then found an out of use 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 film size back made for my 5X7 Conley field camera. Simplied pryed the old film mount off, held with a half dozen brads and 100 year old glue, and with a half dozen new brass screws mounted the rear of the press camera. Total cost about $70, for a universal graflok back complete with pop-up focus hood. Very Clean and simple to make.

Hope this helps,

Paul