technician/machinist needed

jerry_fusselman1

Galvin's shop, unlike Grimes, closed with his death. A camera that arrived after his death (we'd discussed the project a couple weeks earlier, I just hadn't wanted to mail an expensive camera in the Christmas rush. I didn't find the news until after the camera was gone.) has been returned to me.

Well, you could either go with one of the normal photo machinists like Grimes, or you could try to go with someone near you. Just figure out what you need done and how, and look in the phonebook.

I've found that most people in the trades - whether plumbers, machinists, or glass cutters, will really help out a LFer when you explain what you're trying to do.

I can hook you up with Gordon Roth, who is an aging but still working Cirkuit camera photographer who has always made his own gears, reels, boards, retaining rings, etc. He does work for photographers. He's pretty amazing, techy, and eccentric, and in Union, NJ. He isn't computer savvy though so he won't be available here or via email. Email me separately if you are interested.

S.K.Grimes have constructed two lensboard adaptors for me since Steve's passing and have done exemplary work.

Adam appears to be the public face, but all of Steve's technicians seem to be carrying Steve's torch.

No hesitation in recommending them as a company who really know what they're doing rather than just saying that they do ...

jerry:

i forgot to add that i have only had sk grimes do work for me.

they were trained by the best, and while steve g. is not there in person,

his tradition lives on at the shop, they do a great job.

if you have questions about a specific task, you should contact them. they are usually

there, and are pretty good about getting back ...