Where can I get Pentax 645 body mount assembly?

michael_mutmansky1

Greeting all,

I've been looking through the internet for a source for the round

coupling collar that bolts to the body to interface with the lens on

the Pentax 645 camera. I think it's officially called the lens

mount assembly.

Other than purchasing a new one from Pentax, I have found no other

options.

Can anyone recommend a source for dead 645 parts cameras, or for the

specific part I'm looking for?

Thanks,

---Michael

Quang,

I've got my eyes on Ebay, but no luck so far. I figure there is a camera repair company out there with dozens of these things lying around, if I can just find them.

Dan,

Thanks, I've thought of that, but I suspect it'll be easier to just pay the cost for a new part rather than hack an extension tube for my purposes.

Hopefully, there'll be someone out there who might know of a reasonable source for a few used body adapters. Since the shutter or the electronics is more likely to die rather than the body mount, I was hoping that I might find some place with used spares to purchase.

---Michael

I once was in the market for the same, in Pentax 6x7, as were friends (making a "portrait" lens, or adapting a long tele designed for a competitors camera system, etc.). Back then, it was $99 from Pentax; not sure what one runs now. After scanning ebay and seeing damaged lenses sell for more than $99, and seeing tubes go as "set only" and such, often for even more money, we broke down and called Pentax. Not saying you should. Whenever I found a real cheap damaged lens, the mount, the part I needed, was also damaged. Remember if you keep searching Ebay, that some or several Russian lenses are now offered in Pentax 645 mount, so making a damaged one or defective one of those is easier to buy, cheap.