Usability of Koni Omega Rapid in wedding.

c_d5

Just bought a user condition Koni Omega Rapid with a clean 90/3.5

lens. Anybody still use this for wedding? Or should I just invest in

a Nikon D70? Can I still get amazing result from this camera? I await

your answers.

I haven't used one personally, but I did meet a wedding photographer a few years back that used to use one although not as a main camera. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to use it and get "amazing results". I used to use a Mamiya C330 system, another dinosaur, to shoot weddings. Deciding between a Koni and a D70 is like apples and oranges. It is up to you and your style of shooting.

Short Answer: Maybe both, but not the Koni alone.

I have a Koni Omega 100, I haven't used it to shoot a wedding, but someday I might

use if for a few shots, just not the whole thing. Too much of a hassle to change film

every 10 shots, and sometimes my frames overlap about 2mm when the film is

developed, which causes the lab to become a bit concerned.

I've shot a wedding with an EOS 1DS digital, I'd rather shoot digital for a paying job

and experiment with the Koni for things like environmental portaiture, etc.

My backup for that wedding was an EOS Elan + a Mamiya on a tripod for group shots.

If you're not being paid, this is just for fun or simply a favor, sure, shooting a Koni

Omega might be fun, you'll probably get a few good shots that may enlarge very well.

BUT you probably will get a few misses, possibly quite a few unless you're really at

home with that Koni Omega....

Make sure you practice a LOT with your koni, shoot test rolls of your friends inside

and outside ... focussing and changing film in a crowded environment can take

practice.

For a paid wedding job, I'd never shoot with just one camera... I have found it

perfectly possible to shoot some digital, some film, the nice thing is you can check

your lights with the digital.

The Koni has one advantage: 500th flash sync can be nice for a group shot in the sun.

The lack of a built-in light meter means you'll have to be good at guessing, or use a

flash.