Phill Kneen

nesrani

something very funny here. Even a deranged mad man like PK

merits an Obit in the local paper, unless the said locals are also

glad to be rid of him. I still think that this is a joke. BTW, I tried

calling his workplace and there is no answer. The exchange for

the isle of Man is (01624) and the number 633633. Maybe

someone else can try next week. I remain skeptical of anything

associated with PK, even his putative demise.....

Bill, you will have to sign-up for Rob�s elocution and grammer classes, they are on the last Sunday of each month. Lesson 5 explains the word �Tosser�. I�m thinking of jacking in. Rob demands his students stroke his tiger skin M3 (shot it himself when in India) swears if you stroke it hard enough it purrs(bloody thing bites). Okay I can handle that, but, reading aloud from his little book in the local boozer, well that�s a bit strong. Some bloke last week told me to shut up, or he would put the book, and the rest of me in that place where the Sun doesn�t shine. I sort of felt he meant.

That's right, Bill: a tosser is a wanker. I used the word "tosser" as a tribute to Phill. Unfortunately the number of wankers on this list seems to far outweigh the number of people who have any sort of a clue nowadays. As demonstrated by this thread, in which the forum members indulge in sleuthing and mean-spirited speculation on hearing of the death of one of their number.

Cheers

Rob, the term "Tosser" was not in use when I was a student in the late 1970's. "Wanker" was the most frequent term of endearment, used by politicians and rabble alike. I guess the language is constantly evolving.

Your words remind me of an ad campaign by Smirnoff Vodka during that time. They had posters in the tube (subway) of a monk in a brown outfit with the slogan: "I used to think St. Tropez was a Spanish Monk, until I discovered Smirnoff."

Some witty students came up with appropriate rejoinders:

"I used to think Wanking was a town in China, until I doscovered Smirnoff."

and the classics:

"I used to think Cunnilingus was an Irish airline, until I discovered Smirnoff."

and

"I used to drink Smirnoff, until I discovered wanking."

Anyway, I hope Phil is alive and well. Happy New Year!

I don't think so; I think Allen Herbert = Phil Kneen - i.e. the Phil with only one "l" who couldn't spell or punctuate properly. He only sems to come to the keyboard when he's drunk. Phill himself usually had something to say, until the self-appointed churlish internet police got on his case.

Hmmm...Misspelled words, trying to throw us off course, and of course it was HE who reported Phill's death in the first place! Aha! Rob=Phill!!!

All joking aside, I really doubt the bloke is dead...He seems too much the trickster. Besides, only the good die young!