e.m.

Baseball is a social event, right? I posted a question a few

days ago about what modes people used for weddings. I had no

weddings to do so I settled for the next best thing...America's

favorite pastime. I really like this mode and will be putting it to

more use. All images taken with Canon 10d and 70-200mm L f/2.8 @2.8

Av mode. I underexposed by half a stop and fired away. The first

two images I took were from behind the center field fence. Thanks

for all your help.<div>008sy6-18828984.jpg.84efa14434ac0067d8afd34f4ae814b8.jpg</div>

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist when that backside came up on my screen. Come on Al, it put a little smile on your face, didn't it? However, it probably wasn't from humor. ;-) You've gotta be used to this living in Miami, no?

I was driving down the main drag through North Miami about 6:30 night before last heading to Jimmie's Place, a local eatery, with my friend Dave. Across the street from city hall, on our right, is a single parked car. Standing on the street right behind the car is a couple, late twenties maybe, kinda half facing each other, half facing the car. She's wearing a pleated mini, mid thigh length, and the wind is blowing. We're about 150 ft. away waiting for the light to turn green and her skirt keeps trying to blow up. He keeps being the gentleman and catching it in time with his hand. About the third time he graps it with both hands and LIFTS it all the way up! I guess (hope) she was wearing a thong because we couldn't see anything. They both started laughing like crazy and as we drove by Dave and I both gave them a "thumbs up". I don't really know them but (there's that word again!) I've seen them around town before! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture.

Oh my, LOL!!! Captain Al, I'm laughing my butt off (pun intended). It's like someone has gone and spiked the punch at the wedding/event forum!! Who has more fun at PN...it's like a big drunken reception here sometimes. Thanks for the laughs!

You're quite welcome, my dear. This place gets way too serious at times and a laugh now and again is good for the soul. Today I made sure that I had a loaded Leica on the car seat next to me or hanging on my shoulder all day. I had it set to hyperfocal distance and the right exposure for the prevailing light. Just in case! Unfortunately I'm afraid that it was a once in a life time happening. I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it though!

it all depends on the light. If lighting is perfect, I usually like to choose my DOF, and shoot in apeture priority. If the light is low, I will shoot in shutter priority and stick my shutter speed where I know I will get a decent result, apeture be dammed. Nothing is worse then riding the line in AV mode, and have your camera all of a sudden shoot at 1/15th, and vuala... nice unwanted motion blur.