Sal DiMarco

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to met Sal at several Leica Days here in Bryn Mawr PA. He was always so upbeat and such a gentlemen. He was very helpful at giving me points on how to use my Leica better. At the end of one session, he gave me his business card so that we could stay in touch. He was genuinely generous with his knowledge and we've all lost a great person and Leicaphile. May his memory be a blessing.

Daniel Kremens

like so many that leave a mark on the net, I only ever knew his name

Sal DiMarco , jun 11, 2004; 07:52 a.m.

First of all the Capitol Dome echoes sound. Secondly, there were ONLY one or two

photographers on the floor and it looked like they were kept about 30 feet away. The

majority of the photogs were on risers working with a minimum of a 300mm f/2.8 to

a 600mm f/4 lenses. Any one limiting themselves to a Leica rangefinder with a

135mm is out of luck. In the meeting rooms on the Hill, photographers can only use

their motors during the swearing-in of the witness, after that it's single punching.

One must use an SLR for this assignment. Happy Snaps, Sal

His last post

• 11 years later...
<p>Just wanted to share a memory of Sal. I met him in 2002 when I was doing PR for a photographic paper company. He printed one of his photos of Philadelphia and gave it to me as a gift. I had no personal connection to Philadelphia so did not initially hang it in my house. My family has a newly established connection to Philadelphia (<a href="http://articles.philly.com/2015-03-30/news/60606995_1_cord-blood-liver-tissue-banks">here's an article about it</a>) so I dusted off Sal's photo and hung it in our house. I see Sal's autograph every day on my way to the kitchen. This morning I thought, I'm going to track down Sal and tell him I look at that photo every day. So sorry to hear this news. My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.</p>