I am looking at the automatic bellows extension in the current

Hasselblad catalog, and it's pretty obvious that there are no

corrective movements. Did the older (non-automatic) bellows extension

(I think it was square, as opposed to the current round one) have

movements? If not, does anyone know of an aftermarket or modified

macro/close-up bellows for Hasselblad with tilt/shift corrective/

distortive movements?

Richard,

None of the Hasselblad bellows has movements. I do not know about any third party bellows that have. But you can mount a Hasselblad body on the rear of a view camera.

And if you do, you will find out there is no point in doing so. The camera body will severely restrict the amount of movement you can use. It vignettes.

A better solution would be to not use a Hasselblad body at all. I assume you know about the Hasselblad Flexbody and Arcbody, so you will know that they are not very good when youwant to get high magnifications. The only thing then left to do to get macro and titlt and shift is use another camera altogether, like the view camera i mentioned above, and put a 6x9 roll film holder on that.

I'm only aware of one MF camera with t/s bellows: Contax 645. The bellows is really first-rate and has all movements geared...it virtually converts the camera to a mini monorail, but of course without infinity focus. Unfortunately it's even more expensive than the Hassy bellows, but then again you get so much more.

Regards,

Danny Burk www.dannyburk.com

Actually, when I acquired my Kowa Super66 system over 10 years ago, it included an incredible macro bellows system with full movements, and it was really well made. Unfortunately, the cameras themselves, and the film backs, just couldn't handle the day-to-day use that a professional requires, and I eventually sold the system. The lenses were fantastic (and super-cheap on used market!), but I would go to weddings with three camera bodies and still have to bring a 35mm along just in case. Nevertheless, even if I could locate a Kowa macro bellows, I'm sure that having it converted to Hasselblad mounts would be astronomically expensive. Maybe I'll try renting a Fuji 680.

The Bronica Type 2 bellows for the S2 and S2A has full front movements for macro use. It also uses a dual mounting system (choice of Bronica S Bayonet or 57x1mm screw mount), so it is easy to adapt view camera lenses to the system. If you can find one and an S2A, it's not an expensive alternative. For more than you ever wanted to know about classic Bronicas, go to:

http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/bronica.html

• 11 months later...
Novoflex introduced a bellows with movements at Photokina that mounts to Hasselblad 200/2000, Pentax 645 and 67 and Mamiya 645 or most 35mm cameras via adapters and also accepts lenses from these same cameras via adapters. Of course most Hasselbled lenses do not have a large enough circle of illumination to do much movement. But you could get quite a bit of movement by using the Pentax 67 lenses on the Hasselbld body.