Pictures of Japan

navarra

Well. I know you went to Nara & Kyoto (and maybe Osaka & Shinjuku). You've seen the big budda, the deer and the golden pavilion (in black and white). But the only reason I know that is because I've been to these places and recognise them. I imagine having no idea where things are is maybe a little frustrating for your average viewer. Or, if it is just about the *image* why even say they are from Japan?

You've also over compressed some of the JPEGs so you get blocky areas of smooth tones.

And I'm wondering if you know what JPN003 (the 3rd one along) is.

As I stated in the gallery introduction, I couldn't hope to give a full representation of Japan after only a 2 week vacation. I just tried to show some images that I hope can give a small taste of this land and it's many contradictions (for one, the huge crowds you can see everywere as opposed to single people dressed as Elvis and trying to look "different" from all others).

The third picture shows a row of sake cans (not sure it's the right word) found in a temple. In ancient times, sake producers would give sake as a gift to the temple. Now the cans are empty and shown as a sort of advertising, while the sake company give money to the temples. At least, that's what I have been told when I was there :)

Simone