Currently looking into getting a third manual SLR camera body (not to

replace my two K1000s but to use along side), have looked through the

specs but can't seem to find whether or not multiple/double exposure

is possible with the MZ-M. It looks like this is the only feature

missing over rival manuals such as the Vivitar 3800N. Can anyone tell

me?

Thanks

Stuart

Multi-exposure isn't listed even in the comparison charts on the Pentax website. Personally I wouldn't base a purchase on this one feature; if you have a computer and any way to digitize your pictures (even scanning prints on a cheapo flatbed) you can do a lot more than you would ever be able to do in-camera. Theoretically you can even do double-exposures with your K-1000s: turn the film rewind crank backward until there is a bit of tension on the film, then push in the rewind button on the bottom of the camera while operating the film advance lever. The shutter should cock without the film advancing (although there may be a slight shift of a mm or 2 between the 2 exposures, so don't have anything important near the edges).

• 2 weeks later...

I have an MZ-M, and can find no way to do multiple exposures with it. I also have a *ist and MZ6 (although my wife uses the *ist mostly as it's so compact and light). Both of these cameras have full manual capability with multiple exposure, although the *ist cannot be used with the earlier lenses PK-M.

As they are motor wind and use a button to operate the Multi exposure prior to the first release, it is fairly easy to do a multiple exposure without disturbing the alignment of the camera. Initially you only select 2 exposures unless you press the multi exposure button between each exposure, when the number is unlimited.

Regards

Taliety