Bronica S2 - S2A, backs and bellows Questions

stephen_poe

I recently got a Bronica S2A (CB779** S2A) and 3 S2A backs. Today when I went to pick up a bellows 2, I ended up also coming home with a grey S2 body (CB558**) and an S2 back (CB707**) - The backs for the S2 and S2A look like they will interchange - slide is different, but everything else looks the same. Will these backs interchange without causing damage. Would appreciate any information. Thanks

<p>

Also, BTW, the bellows came with a 20 cm f/4.5 Leitz Telyt lens - anyone with any experience using a telephoto like this on a bellows for macro work. Thanks again

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
The early S2 backs still had a cloth safety curtin oas well as the dark-slide. The dark slide was shaped to engage the curtin's metal leading edge and push it along. Later backs elininated the cloth and (I think) were straight across. If you insert a flat ended slide into an early back, it can (read that will eventually) slide between the metal edge and the cloth and seperate the two. (They are easily re-glued by any top notch home tinker or an average professional one)