User Manual for 540 EZ

brian hanson

I'm sorry to bother you all with problem that seems to me should be

so easy to resolve, but I have been searching for two days to find a

user's manual for my 540 EZ Speedlite. If you could direct me to a

site where I can download one, I would be very appreciative. This

is by far the most advanced flash I own, and at first glance seems

to be a really cool flash. I can't wait to try some multiple

exposures with the strobe! Thanks, Brian.

I would be surprised if the actual Canon manual provides more info than alternatives on the net. Canon almost seem secretive about details of their flash systems.<p>There are a couple <a href="http://search.ebay.com/540ez-manual_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfsopZ2QQfsooZ2QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch">540EZ manuals on eBay </a>right now, but I don't know where you could download one.

<p>As the owner of the copyright, Canon has the right to determine how (or if) their manuals are distributed. In recent years, they seem to have decided that making PDFs of their manuals available for free downloading would be a good idea. But they generally have only been doing this for newly-released products; legal online copies of manuals for older products are scarce.</p>

<p>Between the eosdoc manual mentioned above, and the standard photonotes.org EOS flash bible, you will probably have several times as much information about the flash unit and how it works as you would from a genuine Canon manual. If you still want a genuine Canon manual, both eosdoc and photonotes have pages about how to get one.</p>

• 2 years later...