Shop in B&H

eric_ung

I have ordered US$500+ photographic stuff ( mainly bags and filters )

from B&H 2 weeks ago. They confirmed my order and said the stuff was

shipped on 5/11/2001 by air parcel. I live in Hong Kong and I still

haven't recieved the parcel. I sent them e-mail and I still wait for

their reply.

I have bought things from Adorama before and the shipping time was

within 3 working days. Adorama people also seem to be more responsive

( I have waited for the B&H reply for 4 days already ).

For those who have experiences for oversea purchase from B&H, when do

you think I should expect my parcel.

Thank you very much!

Howdy Eric!

Well, lets see, Santa should arrive there around December 25th , i believe.

Now, on a serious note, I live in Texas but will gladly call them if you e-mail the particulars, name, invoice number, tracking number and method of shipment, possibly a copy of the order...

let me know if I can help.

later dude!

miles

dallas, texas

Hello Eric.

I live in New Zealand and I have made several purchases from B&H. I would normally expect delivery in around two weeks. HOWEVER, since 9 Sept, and more especially the anthrax letters, mail to and from the USA has been slow. US postal authorities are cautious about everything they handle, and all mail from the USA is suspect overseas. There is a facility on B&H's main web page for a customer to sign in and track an order. Try that.

Stick with B&H, they offer the best service to overseas buyers through their transparency - you know what the mail cost will be because they publish it right there on the website, and you don't lose money saved on equipment to unexpected high handling and shipping costs.

Regards, Ross

b&h is totally reliable in my experience. that being said, customer service can be a tad slow -- they are a big outfit that fills a lot of orders. the on-line racking works well and they ALWAYS give a prompt refund when requested. when calling, remember they are closed half day on fridays and saturdays.

Do you have the tracking number for the air parcel service? If so, go to their website and track it. If not, call the carrier and inquire as to the time frame to ship from New York to your location. They may be able to look up your name in their computer and give some info. Once it leaves B&H in New York they have no control over it. Overall, I don't think you can beat B&H. If it never shows, then be glad you ordered it from B&H and not some of the other folks.

Actually, I had a similar experience going the other way. I ordered a second pinhole camera from ZeroImage.com, which is in Hong Kong, and I am in San Francisco. My first order, before 9/11, took 6 days to be delivered; my second order,after 9/11, took 3 weeks. They confirmed that my experience was not unusual, and not their fault. Mail is just way slower post-WTC.

Also, I add my vote to those in praise of B&H, which has given me uniformly excellent service.

I agree that since the horrific events of September 11th, all US Mail and independent delivery systems are very slow. Be patient. Mail clerks who I know personally confided to me that even US Priority and express deliveries often go by truck if the air carriers have good reason to refuse accepting the items. It is all very slow now. We are truly at war, all over our planet (you too are in danger), with demonic groups, and we need to be patient.

Thank you very much for all your replies. If B&H people were as responsive as you, I won't be so worry.

Of course I feel very sorry about the 911 diaster, but the my last purchase from Adorama was actually 2 wks after 911 and the shipping time was 3 days only.

Anyway, I decided to wait for few days more before I contact the manager as suggested by Shun.

Thank you!!!

I am sorry for any inconvenience. According to my system, I have one (1) order from <eung@hongkong.com>. The order was rec'd Nov 1, 2001, but not shipped until Nov 8th because (I understand) there's a back-ordered item AND because this was your first order with B&H. Since you used a non-USA credit card, we requested (and eventually received) a legible fax of both sides of the card. Once that was completed, the order was processed. I also note that in reply to your e-mailed inquiry, an e-mail was sent to you on Nov 15th explaining that air parcel post internat'l shipping can take 1-6 weeks. For non-USA customers in more of a hurry, we strongly suggest you consider internat'l FedEx which, while more expensive, is far more efficient.

Again, we regret your inconvenience.

Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

I bought a used Pentax 6X7 from a shop in Montreal and sent my payment via USPS global priority ($4 for a letter). It took almost three weeks to get there (from the San Francisco bay area). The camera arrived at my place via FedEx within four days!

I really don't want to argue but I really got agitated by the followings:

"The order was rec'd Nov 1, 2001, but not shipped until Nov 8th because (I understand) there's a back-ordered item AND because this was your first order with B&H. Since you used a non-USA credit card, we requested (and eventually received) a legible fax of both sides of the card. Once that was completed, the order was processed. I also note that in reply to your e-mailed inquiry, an e-mail was sent to you on Nov 15th explaining that air parcel post internat'l shipping can take 1-6 weeks. For non-USA customers in more of a hurry, we strongly suggest you consider internat'l FedEx which, while more expensive, is far more efficient. "

See the e-mail I recieved earier,

"Dear Eric Ung,

We are pleased to inform you that your order 1000375388 has been shipped

on 11/05/2001AIR PARCEL POST.

You should be receiving your order shortly.

We hope you enjoy your new purchase and look forward to serving you again.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE NOTE:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Ship Date is a non-business day (i.e. Sunday or Legal Holiday)

then the shipping carriers are closed and your order was NOT shipped

on this date. It is merely the date that your order was packed by B&H

and will be picked up by their respective carrier on the NEXT business

day. Please be advised that the above Tracking number(s) were created

by the B&H shipping department and they will only be recorded by their

respective carriers late in the evening of the day of pickup.

Air Parcel Post shipments do not have tracking numbers."

On my part, I made no delay for the credit card verification, I sent e-mail copy of my card to B&H on the same day of ordering and thank you for reminding, it was 1//11/2001.

It is ridiculous to say, " an e-mail was sent to you on Nov 15th explaining that air parcel post internat'l shipping can take 1-6 weeks ", since according to you previous e-mail, the air parcel had been sent on 05/11/2001 already.

Eric Ung