Dear everyone,

I would like to start offering web proofs as well as use a system to

help me design albums. I heard allot about pictage. If anyone is

currently using it can you please comment on the service and the

quality. Do you think it is worth spending the money for this

service.

Sincerely,

Greg<div>0089lW-17863984.thumb.jpg.4ab7d4fedabece6b284b5ab06fe0e16a.jpg</div>

I've tried Pictage, and I know a few other wedding pros who use it. They seem to like the service, and Pictage's printing is decent. However, I stopped using them. I estimated that their various fees plus printing added up to 40% per order. In addition, you still have to handle your own batching and edits before FTPing, and they don't assemble the albums (at least they didn't when I first tried). Their album designer's interface seemed a bit awkward. I find it's just as fast to layout the album in a thumbnail gallery, and pay a college kid a few bucks to assemble it. I handle my own e-commerce and printing, since I can keep expenses very low, and my Epson 2200 prints are much better than Pictage.

I haven't used Pictage, but I did check out their pricing. Recently, I started using Printroom.com. They offer a similar service, but I believe they don't charge as much as Pictage. I'm paying about 25% of my total profit to printroom, so I get to keep 75% of what I earn. You can always up your prices a bit to offset their take of your profit.

As far as I know, Printroom offers everything that Pictage offers, so you might want to check them out before you make a final decision.

By the way, I really like your first communion shot. Good job!

Everyone,

I would like to thank you for your advice with regard to Printroom.com I have successfully signed up and yes it is true the service is almost identical to that of pictage, you can set up your personal website and sell the photographs to clients without actually interfering with you. The key to printroom, if anyone is interested in using it is to download the printroom pro software, this will allow you to post approx 6000 pictures.

Best to all

Sincerely,

Greg Khitrov