Best Price on a 10D

<i>are any of the low price stores trust worthy</i><p>Absolutely not. Never. Ever. Anybody stupid enough to order from such places deserves what they get (or more accurately, what they don't get).<p>Make <a href="http://www.resellerratings.com/">www.resellerratings.com </a>and other review sites your new best friends.<p><a href="http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1895.html">Click here to see feedback for Royal Camera.</a> (Rated 0.54 on a scale of 0 to 10.)<p><a href="http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1988.html">Click here for feedback on A&M Photo World.</a> (Rated 0.46 on the scale of 0 to 10.)<p> If it's significantly lower than Adorama or B&H, it's a scam. Period. But it's your money, spend it where you like.

Let me through an other name in the hat. Abe's of Maine. I was having difficulty finding the new canon 24-70 L and "found" one at Abe's. I ordered the lens overnight on my AMX card. The next day I called for a tracking number on the order and got "Uh, it's at the warehouse" line. Several calls later It was evident old Abe's did not have the lens. Oh, yes they did charge my CC on the day I placed the first call. I canceled the order which was an ordeal in it's own. After a month I had not received a credit on my AMX. Only after I called AMX did I get a credit. That took two weeks. Stay away from old Abe!

"Go with Royal, lowest price in town (all of NY), you can't go wrong. What's the worst that could happen?"

Tri Tran, why don't you stop behaving like such a jackass? There are many people who are thinking about getting into photography for the very first time ever. Many people who pick up a magazine and comparison shop between all the different ads to find the best deal. For someone looking for the very first time, there is no difference between a B&H or Adorama ad, and a Royal Camera ad.

You also gave a similar response recently to a question from a guy overseas in the Netherlands.

If nobody else bothered to respond to the question, an unknowing individual who is reading responses to their question could actually take your lame attempt at sarcasm as actual advice and get burned. Note here that I'm actually giving you credit for making a lame attempt at sarcasm, rather than assuming you're just being malicious and trying to steer people in the wrong direction.

Another way is to go to www.pricegrabber.com and search for it. Pick only a vendor with at least 1000 reviews and a 4+ star rating. This might not solve the problem of Gray Market imports vs. USA models, but you can always call them. Some, like newegg.com, state their policies upfront on their sites. Just got my Canon 70-200 f/4L from buydig.com -- it's the US model plus they sent me the extra rebate form. They have 7000+ reviews and a 4.5 star rating. Very pleasant experience. Plus, they had it in stock, when B&H (my usual source) did not.

The lowest price I would pay for a 10D is ~$1300. www.onecall.com had it at that price, and they are a credible dealer with credible prices. B&H has it for around that price, too. Anything lower and you're taking a gamble, with no one to blame but yourself.

Sorry Frank if I have offended you. I thought that anybody that is capable to put a question on this website should know that if a price is too low, it is too low for a reason. After all a quick search would result in a myriad of similar questions and answers. I just want to use my sarcasm to give a hint and to warn, nothing more.

No problem Tri Tran. It's just that you have to be careful what you type when people are looking for advice. Sometimes subtleties are lost when reading something, and what is typed jokingly can easily be interpreted as serious. I'd just hate to see someone get burned trying to get a good deal on a camera because they misinterpreted something they read.

Myself, I couldn't make heads nor tails out of all the numbers (f/stops), and focal lengths, etc. when I was buying my first camera. Nor had I heard of Photo.net yet. The only thing that stopped me from buying from the lowest priced ad was that I decided since I didn't know enough yet, I'd better go to a brick and mortar store. Of course I bought from the brick and mortar store after taking up their valuable time asking all kinds of questions, and comparing the merchandise. But at the time, all the ads in the magazine looked equally as good, with price being the only thing that differentiated them.

Don't be too lazy to type in "Royal Camera" on Google and see the number of

complaints about the company, or be so credulous to search the internet

for low prices but not sites which rate sellers (like resellerratings.com). Use the 'Search'

facility on this site to find numerous discussions on this specific topic.

Joe,

Like an idiot I did not bother to look at the details. After the order I then saw the Brooklyn, NY address. Then the sinking feeling really set in. Not a slam on Brooklyn, NY, but the thought of misrepresentation. One born every minute.........

Stay away from A&M Photoworld, or....at least be very cautious. I bought my Canon 17-40mm L lens from them....was suckered in by their low price. After ordering online, they send you an email saying you need to call them to initiate the order. Then.....the salesman talks you into "extras"....he told me he would throw in a high-quality polarizer, + a 1 yr warranty. I tried to return the filter (I got some cheap "Sazar" or something filter), & was told it was part of a package. They also charged me $39.95 for ground ups, although the website quoted $29.95 (they claimed there was a % markup for taxes).

Luckily, I sent in a rebate offer to Canon....got an email confirming the lens was legit (not grey market). I got most of what I wanted, other than the filter issue........however this whole thing scared me......I could have really been screwed over!

this may not be the BEST price on a 10D, but it's not a bad one...per say, I've seen worse. Go to a reliable source that hardly anyone ever thinks about...Dell. com computers! Heck, sign up online for financing. I did and got promptly approved (And my credit was destroyed before my ex left). They have a 10D for $1499, and with financing it sure as heck makes it a lot easier to afford. BTW, they also sell a couple of Canon lenses. Not top of the line but good quality IS models at a very competitive price. And no, LOL, I don't work for them.