Advice on one week's trip in San Francisco and Los Angeles

sterioma

Most of the stuff above about LA has little to do with photographing unless you're looking for the mundane, standard shots. I've always found it a great place to shoot, it's a fascinating place. I don't necessarily like it, but it's still a great place to shoot.

But this matters little, the poster said he was going at the beginning of the month and all this probably missed him.

Timber, you know it all man! Was the blues bar on Geary and Mason that you referenced, the Blue Lamp? My roomate played there a lot last year on the sunday jam sessions and id be there shooting. its a dirty place, but it only adds to the experience.

I agree about how L.A.'s weather is easier to shoot than s.f.. for example, I live right around the corner from Pacifica, so i ran out to my car to head to the beach about 30 min before teh sun went down, there was great light out when i was heading home to pick up my camera a few minutes before then when i headed back out and saw the dark grey low clouds rolling in and had to turn back. i had a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

<p>back from California, I have created a new folder where I have started putting a few pics.

<p>Here's the link for anybody who might be interested:

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=378896">California</a>

<p>Thanks for all the comments (some I which I couldn't read since I was already there... :()!

<p>

Stefano

• 1 month later...