165 lenses different....

emiliano_spagnuolo

shame on you all for your sarcastic and unfriendly responses!! this forum used to be so congenial. it is well known that only pentax currently makes both a 165mm f2.8 and f4 for MF. the former is a double gauss type and, without going to exotic glass or aspheric elements, is about as sharp as you can get. it is tack sharp at f4. the f4 leaf lens is a special application lens, an ernostar design, and while sharp, cannot equal the performance of the f2.8. now don't blast me back, just try to be friendly to all forum inhabitants -- especially at this difficult time.

robin, even accepting the fact that she made a mistake (although i think anyone who would be in a position to offer useful advice would know immediately what system she was talking about -- in that sense her question was very efficient), there was no reason to post MULTIPLE sarcastic comments to get emilia to clarify her query. there really is nothing to talk about here, let's drop it, try to be friendly in the future, and move on. unfortunately, somehow i don't think that will happen . . . .

Hi guys sorry for the mess, my question maybe was'nt that rigth,

i perfectly know that the lens f 2.8 is for sure sharper than the f 4,

the point was that the f4 has the leaf shutter so i was asking if

there is a lot of differens of sharpeness beetwen them......

Thanks a lot and enjoy the beauty of photograpy ......

anyway i'm HE no SHE :)

• 1 month later...

I haven't had both versions but the LS I owned was the only P67 optic I've owned that seemd a bit soft in all-around use.

Emeliano and I are communicating in a secret code.... For those 2 or 3 who remain confused, we are speaking of the Pentax camera maker of Japan and their Pentax 67 medium format camera system.