it.

I was wondering if upload quality improves with High-speed internet

access (which is currently unavailable in my rural area, but will be

made available in September - or so I'm told). I'm planning on

saving up and buying PhotoShop, along with a scanner (in hopes of

improving my home workspace, and the quality of my photo uploads from

home). Should High-speed also be a consideration with regards to

upload clarity?

No, upload speed hasn't got anything to do with the quality of the image you are posting. It just can make things slower or quicker. Same for download of posted images.

<p>You might consider also some alternatives to PhotoShop which are less expensive or free, such as <a href="http://www.gimp.org">Gimp</a>. You could save a few bucks to get a better scanner. Just my 2 cents ;)

Try Ulead photoimpact. Too Bad Ulead doesn't have specials anymore. A couple of years ago, they were selling an older version as a promotional for $8.95 per copy. I bought a bunch of these, handed them out as presents, and use 2 copies in an Engineering shop. Staff used the "etch-a-sketch" features to do complete A/C external paint layouts (for Airliners) talk about a good return on investment!! You might want to contact them (Ulead)(www.ulead.com) and see if they still have some specials going on that are not advertised. If you want to buy photoshop but have interest in other products, you might also want to look at some bundled adobe packages that include photoshop, which are very good deals.

Matt, as already said dial up and high speed really only affect the download times. Just a thought on the software issue. Most schools have licensing agreements or something along those lines which allows them to have the programs on more than one computer and possible copies for school use. Since you are a student you could see if there is any area in there that you might fit into. I'm sure someone on here knows more about those rules/laws and might give info on it.

Knicki