39mm filter

brambor

Which M Leica tele (75mm and up) lenses sport the 39mm filter thread?

I have been looking here and there and it appears that there are none

in this filter thread. I was hoping to use the same filter size on

35mm Summicron 50mm Summicron and future telephoto...

Rene,

the 39mm filter fits in the previous Tele Elmar 135 mm. I use exactly the set of lens you have mentioned (35, 50 and 135), and it is really handily to share the same filters. The Tele Elmar is a fantastic lens. It works better with a finder magnification of 0.85 or the 0.92 (M3), but I use it as well with the 0.72 and it is OK. I think this is a very nice lens set and I am really happy with it.

Best regards,

Carlos R.

The last of the Tele-Elmars used 46mm filters and is more expensive than the previous 39mm version so the 39mm version can be had at a good price (great lens for the money). The current 90mm Macro Elmar uses 39mm filters(compact but is still quite expensive being a current M lens). The 90mm Elmar-C from the CL is a good lens and quite cheap, it uses series 5.5 filters but the thread of a 39mm filter will screw in enough if your not to particular.

I have an older 90mm f/4 Elmar that uses A36 filters. Leitz made a slip-on adapter to use 39mm filters. I have it but think it's clunky so I had SK Grimes make a custom screw-in adpter ring to 39mm with a grove to hold the Leica 90mm clip on shade. Works very well.

It is a LTM but I have a CV M adapter that I use it with. The 90 Elmars are very good lenses and are cheap!