CV 90/3.5 or Canon 100/3.5

Has anyone cross-tested this lenses?

Both are small, lightwight (the older Canon lens even more), about

the same speed. Both seems to have good reputation. Canon is 50 years

old where CV is quite new and has an "Apo"-label. What is it worth?

Should I sell my cute Canon and go for another CV lens? (I already

have the 15mm, 25mm and 35/1.7...) Who has compared this two in

detail?

regards -Frank-<div>008Lxh-18126984.jpg.e8ad16ec983198f20db01dccd0cf9a92.jpg</div>

I guess it comes down to whether you are happy with the cannon. I an sure build quality is better in the old one. I have been eying a mint 105 nikor for a while, but the stopper is a finder. The cv lens takes 39 mm filters, but you are showing color so I don`t know if if it`s important to you.

Flare at backlight/ sidelight scenes is a bit visible with the Canon (no sun shade yet). Overall I found the performance quite amazing for such handfull of a lens.. it's more kind of a "search for the best for the money". Yes, the Canons have more "60's charm" but I also like the Cosina-Voigtlander (I have 3 CV, 3 Canon LTM lenses). The same question is about Canon 2.0/35 vs CV 1.7/35...also players in the same league...

-Frank-

With sharp eyes, I would think so. Limit is focal length divided by aperture. That means the 50/1.5 Nokton is more difficult to focus, and you should not try it with a 85mm f/2.0 wide open at near distance. If you stop down a 135mm to f/5.6 it should work. With 100mm and f/5.6 you are safe. At infinity or nearby, I can focus every lens even with my Bessa-L... ;-)

I dont own a Bessa-R but a Canon-P which has a longer effective RF baselength (41mm vs. 25mm). On the other hand the finder of the Bessa-R is much more brighter, thats why S.Gandy (cameraquest) ranks it higher.

regards

-Frank-

That 3 cylinder 2 stroke sure brings back memories. When the power curve kicks in the

sucker is virtually uncontrollable.

Go for the CV 90 APO. I had one a while ago but traded up for a Leica 90AA and then the

new 90mm Macro. The CV is almost in the same league for a fraction of the price. I sold

the Leica 90's and kept the 75mm Summilux so am going to get another CV 90. I had to

learn this the expensive way that most of these CV lenses are damn good. I also love the

15mm and the 35mm f/1.2.