Can I use bayonet FD lenses on FTbn?

fredlee70x7

Is there a chrome ring on the lens? or a rectangular chrom button? If it is a ring then turn it counter clockwise if looking into the lens it will turn and release the lens if it is a chrom button push the button in and turn the whole lens it will then release. To replace the lens make sure the ring is in the full counterclockwise position and then place againset the body turning the ring clockwise to just hand tighten DO NOT FORCE. If it is the chrome button type aling the red dots and turn the whole lens clockwise until it stops.

Hi, Fred!

Any FD lens can be used on any Canon FD-mount camera body, including the FTbn. The release button for the newer "bayonet-style" FD lenses is located on the lens barrel itself (at the mount end), not the camera body; it is the small, rectangular, chrome button on the mount ring of the lens barrel. To dismount a "bayonet-style" FD lens, press and hold in this button, rotate the entire lens counter-clockwise (as you look into the lens from the front) and line up the red dots on the lens and camera; at that point, the lens should easily separate from the camera mount. Hope this helps!

I have a love affair with 24mm. Can't tell you why I like that so much over the 28 but it has happened across three systems. The 85mm 1.8 was always my favorite lens but it will be expensive. Many times I went out with two bodies one with a 35mm and the other with the 85mm. Today that seems silly considering zoom lenses but it is a matter of what you like. If you're going to use the 24 then either a 35 or 50 should accompany it. 24s are awfully wide and a long ways from a 85.