M6 TTL shutter's problem

I had some problems with the shutter of my M6 TTL.(A dark vertical strip at the left of the

image, at the hight speeds-more than 1/125-).It seems to be caused by the erratic speed

of the roller blinds.

Maybe a problem resolved on the MP?

I sent my camera to Solms more than one month ago.

Is anyone else around had the same kind of problem with the M6TTL?

(I have also a Nikon FM2 for years and thousands of photos ,without any problem.)

I thought that to buy a Leica , it's to pay for having the best quality...

Eric

One of my M6s had this problem. In my case it was due to the second shutter curtain sticking early in its travel. Needs a CLA. Like you, I also shoot Nikon FM2N that has been perfectly reliable for thousands upon thousands of pictures (on slide film).

<p><i>"I thought that to buy a Leica , it's to pay for having the best quality..." </i>

<p>Leica may have certain strong points, but unfortunately, reliability isn't one of them.

>Leica may have certain strong points, but unfortunately, reliability isn't one of them.

Nonsense. Leicas are very reliable. Believe it or not, even Nikons break. There is no

such thing as a piece of machinery, especially a piece of mechanical gear, that is 100%

fail proof.

Feli

"I thought that to buy a Leica , it's to pay for having the best quality"

Ha, the joke's on you. Leica shutters are very fussy, old-fashioned, high maintenance, and prone to failure. Very inaccurate as well (in fact, some people say they are auto-bracketing). We like them because they're very quiet and have a nice sound. But that's their only strong points.

High quality and reliable are two different things. If you want bulletproof, stick to your Nikons.

I agree. The shutter on the Leica is not all that reliable. The rest

of the camera is. In contrast, my Nikons never have had a failure.

I have been using Leica since I got my M3DS in 1957. I keep

getting them fixed because I like them. Even so, I must admit that

the shutter is very unreliable.

Art