Canham MQC57 for 6x17 and 4x5

don_miller2

Ask Claire Curran! She has the camera and the 6X17 Canham back. She is a top notch nature photographer with incredible experience and talent! She shoots color transparencies for a number of publications.

If you do not have her email address please contact me!

volquartz@volquartz.com

Per, what a kind gentleman you are. Thank you for your incredibly nice words. You are a remarkable photographer and teacher. Any chance of a digital portfolio class sometime soon?

Don, The articles by Michael Mutmansky and Paul Barclay express my views on my MQC57. I would agree with Paul that if I were just shooting 4x5, I would be using another camera. If your desire is to shoot 6x17 along with 4x5 and, perhaps, 5x7, then, in my opinion, you have few choices. I backpack (day/overnight) extensively with my MQC57 and the Canham 6x17 back. Both are rather lightweight and don't present much of a carrying problem to me. I carry a SuperTrekker, but pack camera and back in a bag that attaches to the front of the SuperTrekker. The bellows does have incredible draw. My longest lens is a 420m. At that extension, the camera is somewhat unstable. Before I expose, I make sure the camera is vibration free. You can almost forget shooting in wind-at any focal length.

Feel free to email me if you want any more opinions on the camera or back.