• 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 2 replies
  5. film size

• 1 reply

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• This link looks good for learning a bit about expired film - worth bookmarking Scroll down for "Color Negative Film" https://silvergrainclassics.com/en/2020/08/how-to-shooting-expired-film/
    • That thought flashed through my mind as well, but as it turns out, 1972 was when the change came from C22 to C41, according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-22_process I guess the OP could simply confirm which process is on the 1973 Vericolor film box. I can't find 4105 Vericolor on the internet, only the later 4106 shows up, so who knows what 4105 really is, and which developing process, it could very well be C22, and perhaps those chemicals were produced for a while after C41 came in, to develop the C22 film still in existence, that were bought just before the change over. Personally I was developing only slide film and B&W in that era. I have never had reason to use C22, and only started using C41 in the early 80's  
    • Thank you Mike for your interpretation. The other title that is coming to my mind is 'The Birth. Ticket to Parenthood' Unfortunately, I am not good on reading graffiti, did not see them 'acting.' Cheers.
    • Guessing by the expiry date of 1973 the film would have been manufactured at the time when C-22 was the process for color negative film. C-22 ran at 24C while the replacement process C-41 runs much hotter at 38C and is not compatible with old film. Ancient Vericolor can be developed in black and white chemistry to yield a negative but this negative is hard to print because of the orange mask.
    • Hi, The film looks usable to me judging by the crossed processed sheet, but you'll need to develop in C41 to obtain the best results that you can get for that long expired film. The colors will be abhorrent most likely if the film hasn't been frozen for a good part of the 48 years since it expired. I'm not sure what the white residue is, but with C41 there is a slight milkyness look on the processed film when it's removed from the tank, however, it disappears during drying. How many sheets do you have? Is it worth carrying on with long expired color film? I think not unless you convert the images to B&W in post processing to at least get viewable images without the going through the impossible task of trying to revive the color degradation to something that looks normal. Perhaps it would be better to accept your loss and move on to much newer film. It's all valuable experience though, I went through it. Unless you know expired film has been kept in a freezer, it's a lucky dip.