Zoom Lens for Mamiya m645

habib_b

<p>Hello, I was thinking about investing in a zoom lens for my mamiya m645, I have seen these lenses called "Omestar" which is said to work on Mamiya cameras, I have never heard of these lenses and I was wondering if I could get some info. on them, I also wanted to know if these Omestar lenses would fit on the mamiya m645, in other words, do they have the same mount? Thank you very much.</p>

<p>Mamiya made three zooms for their manual focus 645 cameras and currently make three (plus one "in the pipeline") for their AF cameras. I have an AF 55-110mm and I find it hard to distinguish it performance-wise from prime lenses, except that it's slower and doesn't focus as close.</p>

<p>I've never seen a reference to a Schneider-made zoom for the M645, so I'd doubt it, but maybe it might have been available if it was a short-lived thing.</p>

<p>If you want to be more exotic, what you can do is mount lenses for several other MF cameras on the M645 - there are adapters for P6/Exakta66/Kiev60, Bronica SQ, Hasselblad V, and Pentax 67. In these mounts, I know of three zooms for the Exakta66/P6, none for the Bronica SQ, two for the Hasselblad V, and two for the Pentax 67. But I would not expect any of these to be more advantageous in performance or price over Mamiya's own zooms, and they are generally heavier and bulkier.</p>

<p>BTW, all MF zooms are limited to a 2x zoom range, or even slightly less.</p>