zenit 12xps fotosniper help!

shan_ul_haq

<p>I have a zenit 12xps fotosniper camera. well.. heres the problem, i got the old thing fixed a few days back, it had a problem with its shutter getting stuck, now i wasted alot of money since it worked for a few snaps and then went back to its old ways..<br />I simply want to ask, that if this Tair 300m lens can be mounted onto any other camera, nikon, canon,pentax minolta SLR strictly, cause thats what i can afford.<br />now this as being a fotosniper the lens works on the mechanism of the gun and a lead that goes into the camera hub, underneath the camera. i wish if there is any other camera and the gun can work with it along with the lens. it would be independance day for me! =D lol!<br />so i ask professionals, anyone to help me out!</p><div>00XZ49-294807684.jpg.0676463fc594c7558c7e504a7f35b214.jpg</div>

<p>From memory, this will be an M42 screw fit. This means it would fit on a wide variety of bodies. My preference would be to seek out a Praktica M42 thread body (LTL3, MTL3, MTL5, MTL50 etc), or if you have more money a pre-K mount Pentax. They cost next to nothing! You could always play around with adapters (e.g. M42 to K mount with a view to mounting on something like a Pentax ME Super or Pentax K1000) too.</p>

<p>I'm not sure how well the new camera would attach to the 'rifle stock' attachment though.</p>

<p>@ Simon Hickie<br>

yeah there will be an issue =( cause the lens mounts on any M42 camera, but metering & shutter release is still the issue with any other camera.<br>

I live in Pakistan, and you only get these secondhand here from the market. and Zenit cameras are very scarce here.. I found a old Zenit EM some 19s old tanks =D lol!<br>

I think i found a FS-122 too i thought to myself if mechanically the 122 could be customized into working on the gun, using my xps's machinery and getting it installed into the 122. </p>