Dave Nitsche ( www.2envision.net ),

Tamara Loncar-Agoli,

Jim McNitt,

Stefan Rohner,

Rene Asmussen,

Daniel Bayer,

Chris Blaszczyk.

Bye ;)

hmmm. I don't think the forums are the proper place to name names of users (for any reason) because it then becomes a not so funny and inappropriate "who's popular" and/or "who's not" sort of thread.

however, perhaps you might suggest to discuss whether it would be a good idea if other fellow users' "interesting members list" is something that the site should allow others to see, along with top rated photos, when visiting another member's community page?

Anyone can go look at the last 200 photos you have rated 6/6 or above on your community members contributions page. I regularly see who else someone finds interesting. And it is a good way to see a lot of the photos that have been posted here for a longer period.

I've thought about making Interesting People lists public.

Another idea is to have a list of photographers in order of how people find them interesting. I've done this list out for my own information a few times, though I haven't published the results. For a couple of years Amy Powers was the person on the most Interesting People lists, by far, but she hasn't have been active for a while and this might not be true any more. As you might expect, photographers who upload nudes tend to show up on a lot of Interesting People lists.

The problem with making this kind of information public is that people use Interesting People not only for the photographers whose work they admire but also for their "friends", which isn't quite the same thing. And people might consider their list of "friends" to be somwhat private.

Then maybe the solution would be to make public each member, based on the owner's list decision.

I'm not fond of making another ranking. We have already many, and it's not difficult to find out who are the most visited, frequented, better rated and popular photographers... To add such a specific ranking would foster the "friends club" inside the site ("I make public you if you make public me in your list", and so...).

• 1 year later...