You have a bad ad

cmitchell

<p>You have an ad running with an innocuous looking color blindness test that asks you what number you see. Once you click it it completely takes over the browser and doesn't let you leave their site or close down your browser. It continually spawns multiple pop-up windows that can't be closed. After I finally closed the browser with Task Manager, then opened the browser again, it immediately went back to that site and started all over again. I have no control over my browser and now have to figure out how to get rid of this thing. I am now using a different browser to let you know that this is the worst ad I've ever seen. I'm also scanning for malware and spyware. You might want to have a word with your ad server people. </p>

<p>It would be interesting to know if anyone else got that advertising ?</p>

<p>Quite possible your browser session was high jacked on your computer, while you were watching photo.net pages. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the photo.net, or any ad server they may have.</p>

<p>Let's see what others may have to say ?</p>

<p>I'll have the ad people keep an eye out. But if you run across it again, yes a screenshot is helpful. VERY helpful, if you are confident doing so, is to right click on the ad and copy the link. Doing that will very quickly let us figure out which ad network is serving the problem (if indeed it is coming from us).</p>

<p>I hate this sort of thing and we work hard to fight it. But sometimes the junk slips through.</p>

<p>I see it, attaching a screen shot. <br /> Unfortunately, the URL does not appear in my status bar. I don't know what that means; maybe it's a bit of java or something.</p>

<p>ping.chartbeat.net shows up very briefly in my browser status bar when I mouseover. It just sort of flashes in the status bar and then it's gone, back to "Done".</p>

<p>It appears to be an Adobe Flash object.</p><div>00WwQ6-263493684.thumb.jpg.f0468dc2b61d08184779295538546d7d.jpg</div>

<p>I wonder if it's the same outfit with the ad showing silhouete dancer and asking is she turning to left or to right. And the one showing woman with 4 eyes. FWIW, I never click on <em>any</em> ads on this site (or any other site, for that matter). Just don't trust them, period.</p>