Yashica T2?

all4freeride

Well i am hoping that i get a response to this question. I just ordered from KEH a yashica

T2 camera and i saw a picture on ebay of someone selling one and it looks totally different

from the contax T2. I was expecting them to be the game camera just a different lens on

it but same operations. My sister recommended the yashica as it is the same as a contax

for the most part.

Anyone know?

They are completely different cameras. If you are expecting a Contax T2 you will be (very) dissappointed with the Yashica. Not that the Yashica can't take good pictures. I believe it still has the excellent 35/3.5 CZ tessar of later models, but its built quality dosen't compare to the contax and the yashica is a simple P&S with no manual functions. Good thing you bought from KEH.

Andrew,

"...just a different lens on it but same operations. My sister recommended the yashica as it is the same as a contax for the most part."

Well, the lens IS the "most part" in a camera, so you should think about it twice. Maybe go for the Contax T2 instead?

Guess what ... I actually have two such Yashica T2 cameras. It slipped my mind that I have them. They are OK, but not wonderful. The body is ugly. Each time you take a photo, a lens cover will open. In one of my cameras, this cover got stuck so I disabled it to be able to take photos. I find the Olympus Stylus gives me sharper photos than the Yashica T2. I paid $25 for the T2.