Yashica D in the city.

<p>I have acquired another Yashica TLR and just few weeks ago it joined my classic TLR family. This one is gray model in beautiful shape. It came with a gray case in which, I think, it lived for most of its life. It looks as if it was used very seldom. Lenses are clean and clear, shutter works very smooth and the focusing is smooth and precise. I couldn't pass up the deal. So here it is.</p><div>00clkh-550496684.jpg.8abe8bca01e19491a8c4e6be85c7565f.jpg</div>

<p>Did you guess what City this is? Anyways a little bit about the camera. From what I have read this camera was manufactured between 1958-1974. Mine seems more recent model based on it's hood Y ornament. The D is almost like, well exactly like, Yashica 635 without the capability to shoot 35mm film. Has anyone tried to shoot 35mm in medium format camera? The gray models don't come out for sale often and when they do they cost an arm and a leg. This one here cost me less than a decent dinner for two at a local chain restaurant. I think it produces very good images. For the film I chose Fuji Acros and Kodak Ektar. The BW was shot with yellow filter. Most of the day was overcast with few clear patches of blue sky. I hope you enjoyed this short trip to Chicago... Yes I had to give it to you. See you soon with another camera. It has an extra cool surprise.</p>

I noticed softer results, on two occasions, when using

yellow filter with overcast day. Is this the function of the

filter? Since shots with that filter in sunny conditions

yield very nice and crisp results, it has to be.

Louis, I'm sure we crossed our paths before but we're

yet stumble upon each other. I will look for a guy with

124g.

<p>What a wonderful journey back to the time I bought my D brand new in a camera shop, and used it for home processed B&W, and commercially processed color transparency and print films. I also had a German-made metal 6 X 6 slide viewer. Should have kept these treasures! By the way, your photos of the camera are excellent, as are the others you included here. Thank you for the post!</p>

<p>Kris:<br /> Your Yashica D has a Yashikor Lens which is a 3 element triplet, a very good one though. The 124G comes with a Yashinon lens which is a Tessor design which has 4 elements. The soft edges are normal for a triplet that is shot with lens a at large apertures which would explain your description of cloudy day with a filter. A triplet is extremely sharp normally at f 8 and smaller. The large apertures are are especially good for portraits or for deliberately soft pictures. What I am trying to say is that the triplet can be used to your advantage as long as you understand its limitations. The lens actually gives you some flexibility--a positive.<br /> By the way I do have a Yashica 635 but have not shot with 35mm yet. My next project perhaps.</p>
Dan Deary

<p>Great Pics. I havethis in Black. It is my first 6x6 and it is my favorite . Sentimentally attached indeed. I often shoot w/K2 yellow filter . It came with the camera. Like you I have a few 6x6 but this one is very specail to me! I prefer it above the C or the 124 Mat. Umm the Rollei is in another class I guess! </p>

<p> </p>