Would like a new forum called "Process This"

cmitchell

I think it would be fun to have a new forum where someone could post a picture and invite people to post-process

it to see what everyone comes up with. If people would be so gracious as to tell us how they did what they did,

it could be a good learning forum also. Just a thought.

Hmh, certainly that would be an interesting froum with much to learn, but a problem with this is that processing should be done on the original, or at least a large version. Then resize, then sharpen, then publish. Processing resized images will hardly give really good results. So if you want images to be processed, you would need to make them available in a pixel size bigger that what is recommended.

In the absence of that forum, I will point out that the Learning section of photo.net has a section on digital post-processing with articles from myself and several other photographers. There will be more of these articles eventually, so the section is worth checking.<p>

You can find it <a href="http://www.photo.net/learn/digital-post-processing/">here.</a>

Good idea, Christine. Personally, I think it'd be good as a section in the existing Digital Darkroom Forum rather than a separate forum, but that's strictly unofficial.

Earlier this year I asked for tips on the DD forum and received some very helpful replies along with sample edits to my photo and specific steps explaining what was done. Very helpful.