Why doesn't PN take you straight to your post after you post?

<p>I know this isn't an earth-shattering issue, but humor me, please:</p>

<p>1. This is the only forum-website I frequent on which, after you write a response to a thread, it doesn't take you to your response at the bottom of the thread but instead brings up a largely blank page that merely gives you the <strong>option </strong>of returning to the <em>top </em>of the thread.</p>

<p>2. This is also the only forum-website I frequent that has as a daily occurrence, in all of the forums at one time or another, multiple identical responses in quick succession from the same individual (there are sometimes as many as four or five of those identical responses in a row).</p>

<p>I'm not sure why/how #2 happens, but it seems to me that #1 and #2 might be related. Is there something in the site architecture that precludes transporting new posters from the "Confirm" button straight to their post at the bottom of the thread?</p>

<p>P.S. A bop on the melon to the first smart-**s to post multiple identical responses to <em>this </em>thread!</p>

The reason #2 happens is that people hit "Back" button after posting to get back to the thread. Then, they

might get distracted, see the thread without their post and the post neatly typed up at the bottom, and hit

"Submit" again thinking they forgot to submit.

No, no, it didn't happen to me, why do you ask? :-)

<p>1. Photo.net existed long before there were any "off the shelf" forum software packages. As such, we evolved to have some different methods. In this specific instance, it is so that there is a place to allow users to attach an image to their post.</p>

<p>2. Double clicking, pressing 'back' to edit a post, clicking 'back' to get back to the post rather than clicking 'return to the post', server glitches, etc</p>